Building a concrete block wall is one of the more involved building projects that requires careful planning and a little heavy lifting, but easy to accomplish with the help of the masonry professionals at Gergs Construction.
Typical uses for concrete block include:
• Foundation walls – typically rockfaced
• Basement walls
• Partition walls – usually plainfaced
• Exterior walls – usually plainfaced and then often covered with stucco
• Most concrete block was used as a back-up material or for cavity wall construction
• Coatings are often are applied to concrete block in order to prevent water penetration; some of these include Portland cement paints, latex paints, oil- and rubber-based coatings, epoxy coatings, alkyd paints, urethanes and silicones; a single type may be selected for a specific function including its water resistance; other factors to consider might also include its resistance to ultraviolet rays, its breathability, its resistance to alkalis, and its coloration or visual appearance when applied to the block.